Well I did it again.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoldBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took my time on my way to work today setting the cruise control at 65mp (as measured by my GPS). When I got to work I was amazed at how little the gas needle moved. Then while cruising the town for photos I drove slow, methodically shifted gears, kept my foot off the gas as much as possible and generally tried to drive calmly 100% of the time. So on the way home I did the same set the speed at 65 and never touched the gas the whole time. I filled up and calculated the difference in miles from this morning's fill up and got 104 miles driven between the pumps and took note of the display reading 5 gallons pumped. I'll note that the wind was unusually calm on the interstate today (yesterday the wind was so bad I know what it feels like to be a slinky in the hands of a small child). I just hope I can do this in the new rig once it comes in.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds pretty good......104 miles & 5 gal. is a shade over 20mpg.......

Dave

GoldBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think i'll continue to go to work early and keep the cruise set at 65 or less. I just got back from picking up my girl at the airport which is about a 148 mile round trip and i did the same driving and got 20.5 MPG. Funny how somethings will make a person change their lifestyle.