Weird gremlins in 03' Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It came a ****-floater again over the weekend. So much that the floorboards on the drivers-side had standing water in them. Not real sure why my car turns itself into a water-trough everytime it rains, but.... it does. Also, the radio won't shut off when the key is taken out of the ignition. I was driving back from dinner this evening, and the dome and cargo lights came on by themselves, and won't turn off (the dome/cargo lights dim slightly when you attempt to turn them off, but they don't go out). A few weeks ago, the rear wiper wouldn't turn off. Anybody got any ideas on what is causing this ?? For now, I've got the fuses pulled to keep the battery from going dead overnight.

:cheers:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Since a lot of the wiring runs back on the drivers side floor boards I'd say you have the wires shorting out from being wet. Have you removed the carpet and pad and dried everything out good yet?

Bundu Boy

Reaction score
Since a lot of the wiring runs back on the drivers side floor boards I'd say you have the wires shorting out from being wet. Have you removed the carpet and pad and dried everything out good yet?

I'd second that.....

If not then maybe call in Ghost Hunters, sounds like your vehicle is possessed....

Moon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm. Well this hasn't been a very popular thread, but I'll give the update anyway just in case someone else has this problem. It WAS the wires under the drivers side of the car being completely under water. I messed around a bit with the fuses, and drilled a couple of small holes in the floorboard after pulling the carpet up (as much as I could, the seats have to be removed to get the carpet out) to allow the water to drain out. Eventually, most of the gremlins worked themselves out. The radio works now, but the dome light stays on. The windshield wipers work again (thankfully). I sat in the car and happened to hear this hissing sound under the back-seat driver's floorboard. Sounds like there is a little more water that needs to be drained out.

So far, no luck in finding where the water-leak came from.

:cheers: