weird clicking noise after ignition shut off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lafleur

Reaction score
:smokin:Been driving my 2006 liberty crd for the last two years without any real problems,you know the usual little quirks,falling windows,stuck sunroof normal stuff; and then in the last couple of days when you shut off the engine a weird clicking noise in rapid sucession coming from the driver side of the engine it last for about ten second and stops,what could it be!thanks,I'm very afraid of the dealers.

Mopars-Only

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is likely clicking with the engine running too, but you cannot hear it. Maybe, you can use a tool made to listen for it, looks vaugely like a stethascope, and place it against possible sources while the engine idles. You can use a very long screwdriver, place the handle lightly against your ear while holding the tip in contact with the fuel pump for instance. I recall a light diesel making a clicking sound several years back in the vacuum pump, and you could hear it when you shut it down for just a moment, as you describe. The rocker/camshaft covers would be a good starting point, to gain some familiarity with the process, should you attempt it yourself. I know in my case I would do it myself, it is not that difficult. Once you find the problem, you can then decide if it is something you want to repair yourself.
good luck with it;
Mopars-Only

Dennis MacGyver

Reaction score
Look -up flow control valve in LOST jeeps . com Could be the plastic gears in this device are broken off.

Members online

No members online now.