Waxing fenders on a Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skeeter

Reaction score
I was planning to wax my vehicle over the weekend. When I picked up my Liberty I noticed the fenders, although they "match" the body of the car, are plastic and not metal.

Do you guys wax the fenders along with the rest of the car or just use a cleaner? (My New Beetle had plastic fenders and I waxed them without hurting them, I just wonder if it's a waste of time!)

CHUD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
skeeter said:
I was planning to wax my vehicle over the weekend. When I picked up my Liberty I noticed the fenders, although they "match" the body of the car, are plastic and not metal.

Do you guys wax the fenders along with the rest of the car or just use a cleaner? (My New Beetle had plastic fenders and I waxed them without hurting them, I just wonder if it's a waste of time!)

Wax them. The paint is the same as the metal parts and still needs protection from the sun & other $h!t.