water on starter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nooby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I first noticed this little drips of brownish(rusty) water last fall when I changed out the cv joint on the front driveshaft,

the water comes on the inside of the heat shield, this pic was taken 4hrs after turning the jeep off

just wondering if there is a weep hole in the exhaust above it, or maybe a small exhaust gasket leak, no codes or check engine light

thanks

You must be registered for see images attach

Nooby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like coolant.

I thought that too, it doesn’t feel oily and when put on white tissue paper it does not leave a color residue(also coolant level has not dropped at all since last Oct)

but I will get the coolant pressure tester out and give it a go,

if is coolant would that be a head gasket?

and if the pressure tester does not loose pressure, could it be water condensation coming from the exhaust,

Thanks for your reply, you surely help out a lot

Nooby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just an update, I never did get around to pressure testing the cooling system, replacing the rad now, while I looking I checked out the starter again,

to my surprise, those drops appeared in the same place, so I took the paper towel to wipe it, and nothing came off, then I realized, those drops are hard
they feel like really hard hot glue but if I use my nail I can flex it

I broke off the bottom droplet, sorry about the crappy pic,
You must be registered for see images attach