Washing your Jeep

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been using "Meguires Deep Crystal Car Wash" to wash my KJ and am almost out.

Is there anything better? What do you use??

Dave

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You wash your Jeep with kids?

Meguiars Deep Crystal is a great soap. I use it on my Rims and fender wells and love it.

Meguiars NXT soap is my favorite but Ive never seen it in stores. Walmart, advance, autozone, never seen it. I order it from Autodetailingsolutions.com.

Advance auto has Meguiars Gold Class soap, I like it also. Its a step down from my fav soap.

2003KJ

Reaction score
You wash your Jeep with kids?QUOTE]

yep, and can't wait until all 5 of 'em get old enough to cut grass and landscape. my yard work days will be over!

Ahhh yes. But not too long after getting that old, then they become old enough to drive the Jeep :eek:

As for car wash, I use Blue Coral...the super foam kind (I like the foamy stuff :D ). By far my favorite soap to use.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
You wash your Jeep with kids?QUOTE]

yep, and can't wait until all 5 of 'em get old enough to cut grass and landscape. my yard work days will be over!

That will last about 15 minutes and then the hormones will kick in and you will be chasing all over town trying to collect them and then your hair will start to fall out and you'll start drinking more beer and then.........:D

Dave

Donnie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Google Poorboys and Zaino, both great washes.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meguiars Deep Crystal is a great soap. I use it on my Rims and fender wells and love it.

Advance auto has Meguiars Gold Class soap, I like it also. Its a step down from my fav soap.

Jeepster.....so what exactly is the difference? You can actually notice the "Gold Class Soap" doing a better job?

Dave

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its hard to explain the difference. Ive always read that NXT is alittle stronger so its better at removing crud on the paint but it will remove wax quicker than GC. GC is very gentle and lubricates very well, the mitt just glids over the paint.

Both have PH balancers but I feel like NXT does a better job since I end up with less spotting if I cannot get to it to rinse quick enough. NXT seems to foam alittle better than GC but both do not lack in that department. NXT is alittle more $$ too.

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both have PH balancers but I feel like NXT does a better job since I end up with less spotting if I cannot get to it to rinse quick enough. NXT seems to foam alittle better than GC but both do not lack in that department. NXT is alittle more $$ too.
I like both also. I tend to use NXT more because I feel the mitt sliding accross the surface a little better. It seems to be thicker.

NXT definitely neutrilizes the water better. I tend to keep using GC becaue I can find it locally and it is cheaper.

Another breat shampoo is Duragloss. It also costs a little more though.

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i use the NXT, my fav soap, seems to clean a bit better then the cheaper soaps, dont have to go over the really dirty areas more then once, usually gets it off the first scrub.

BNJ-KJ

Reaction score
old thread but who cares. I've been using turtle wax zip wax concentrate. This stuff rocks. Extremely foamy and takes very little soap. The foam last through the whole wash to. The wind won't blow them away. I've used every soap you can get at the parts store and never have really liked any of them until this stuff.