Wanna Brag? Heres your Chance...Lets talk HP..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so semi-off topic, but I didn't feel like starting a new thread...
I wish the KJ had more power at higher speeds. Although I think the low end torque is more valuable, especially for off-road...I'm commuting about 60 miles a day for work now, and I'm really starting to notice the lack of power on the highway. Power when passing is very limited. Anyone else notice this? Anything that can be done to improve performance?

1BADKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your going to have to REGEAR. I know we don't run huge tires but a rule of thumb is 31s use 4.10s, 33s use 4.56s, 35s use 4.88s, 37s use 5.13s...... I always ran 35s on all my jeeps so they all had 4.88s and gas mileage was very close to original.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
I wish the KJ had more power at higher speeds. Although I think the low end torque is more valuable, especially for off-road...I'm commuting about 60 miles a day for work now, and I'm really starting to notice the lack of power on the highway. Power when passing is very limited. Anyone else notice this? Anything that can be done to improve performance?

Put 33s on it and you won't have to worry about passing anything.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Whats funny about this for me is...
My friend and I where on our way to his place a few weeks back and a civic with a half ass body kit and coffee can exhaust pulls beside us. He was looking towards anyone for a race shooting in and out of lanes. So I signaled him for the challenge and You should have seen his face when lost to a Stock KJ. We where pushing upwards to 90+ and after about 40 some the distance kept growing between us. At the next red light he looked at me with this blank stair because he was just beaten by a Jeep.

I know it was dumb to race him like that but it felt good to out run him.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats funny about this for me is...
My friend and I where on our way to his place a few weeks back and a civic with a half ass body kit and coffee can exhaust pulls beside us. He was looking towards anyone for a race shooting in and out of lanes. So I signaled him for the challenge and You should have seen his face when lost to a Stock KJ. We where pushing upwards to 90+ and after about 40 some the distance kept growing between us. At the next red light he looked at me with this blank stair because he was just beaten by a Jeep.

I know it was dumb to race him like that but it felt good to out run him.
Yeah I do that all the time to those types,the look on there faces is priceless since they got smoked by a Liberty that weighs 3 times as much as there civic.

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
originally 210hp. that was in 2006.

now in 2013 due to inflation and the FED printing more HP, i have 450hp!! it still pulls like 210, but the number is higher so who the hell cares?!?>! lol

crazyjeepkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
originally 210hp. that was in 2006.

now in 2013 due to inflation and the FED printing more HP, i have 450hp!! it still pulls like 210, but the number is higher so who the hell cares?!?>! lol

:happy175:

LetFreedomRing

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This is about as good as you are going to get without regearing. These programmers have very favorable reviews from the Grand cherokee guys with the 3.7. It reflashes the whole computer so the relearn feature is removed. Only you can decide if it is worth the ~$350.

Max Energy - Hypertech