Volant Cold Air Intake on 2004?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanee182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all! I just purchased a 2004 Liberty Renegade yesterday! I'm researching any mods the previous owner added to the Jeep. I came across the Volant cold air intake that is installed already (and seems to work just fine), and I can only find this mod for 2002-2003 Libertys. Another post on a KJ forum said something about a sensor they added on the 04's that won't work with the Volant CAI (the computer will give malfunction codes). Is this something I should be concerned about??

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The majority of air intakes out there for 04's remove and don't accomodate the replacement of the IAT sensor. You do need this, so the computer keeps the fuel/air curve correct. So you could start to throw codes. Just be aware of that. Volant is a good company. If you're worried about it. Get the Rusty's Air Intake Tube. I swear by it. It's very affordable and doesn't mess with anything important, plus it's easily reversible.