vibration and light bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bashgod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i have a semi horn (grover dual tone, very very loud) mounted right behind my pass. side head light, pointing right at it about 5-6 inches away. would you think the sound from the horn will blow out the bulb? i havent used it in this setup before but i was just curious. i still need to mount my air tank so i dont know when i can see if i need to replace the bulb after i thank someone for cutting me off or remind them to stay in only one lane at a time.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would like to hear what it sounds like. I wanted to get a loud horn, i still do!

If you blow the horn a few times a day, it may cause the headlight bulb to shake out of its place, and eventually burn, otherwise bulbs die.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt think it would blow the bulb. Im sure it goes through more vibrations driving offroad than a horn would put it through. You never know though, that resonance stuff can get tricky.

Try it and let us know. :D

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sounds great. I love that rope that guy did in his cab.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.