Verify my 2.5" lift kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryanck93

Reaction score
All of the lift kit info for a 2.5" KJ lift seems a little scrambled. The OME extended rear shocks were apparently discontinued, etc, so id like to post my purchase list for confirmation from you guys before i buy it. All of this is being ordered from jeepinbyal.com - the store is close to me in Hatfield, PA so I may even drive over there if I can.

FRONT-
-OME front nitrocharger sport struts (#90009)
-OME 2927 front coil springs

(I see that I may need bump stops for the front but I'm not sure which size. There are 3" teraflex ones on jeepinbyal)

REAR-
-Bilstein heavy duty 2.5" lift rear shocks
-Bilstein bushing kit
-OME 2948 rear springs

(Pucks in rear? If so, size and brand?)

-----------

What else do I need to achieve a successful, reliable, and comfortable 2.5" lift? I am not a mechanic, and if anything, this project may be the thing that turns me into a jeep enthusiast. I have no experience with car mechanics so I have no idea what additional parts/small parts my mechanic is going to need in order to install this. And yes. I've read many of the threads on here as a lurker. Much of it is in car talk. I don't understand car talk. Yet.

Thank you for your time. Any and all responses will be incredibly appreciated. I'm walking into this project completely blind and need all the help I can get.

Last edited:

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All of the lift kit info for a 2.5" KJ lift seems a little scrambled. The OME extended rear shocks were apparently discontinued, etc, so id like to post my purchase list for confirmation from you guys before i buy it. All of this is being ordered from jeepinbyal.com - the store is close to me in Hatfield, PA so I may even drive over there if I can.

FRONT-
-OME front nitrocharger sport struts (#90009)
-OME 2927 front coil springs

(I see that I may need bump stops for the front but I'm not sure which size. There are 3" teraflex ones on jeepinbyal)

REAR-
-Bilstein heavy duty 2.5" lift rear shocks
-Bilstein bushing kit
-OME 2948 rear springs

(Pucks in rear? If so, size and brand?)

-----------

What else do I need to achieve a successful, reliable, and comfortable 2.5" lift? I am not a mechanic, and if anything, this project may be the thing that turns me into a jeep enthusiast. I have no experience with car mechanics so I have no idea what additional parts/small parts my mechanic is going to need in order to install this. And yes. I've read many of the threads on here as a lurker. Much of it is in car talk. I don't understand car talk. Yet.

Thank you for your time. Any and all responses will be incredibly appreciated. I'm walking into this project completely blind and need all the help I can get.

There's only one extended bumpstop for the front and that's the Teraflex one
Front and rear shocks and springs are correct
Usually you do one hockey puck per inch of lift so in your case you will use 2 for each side
There is only one size puck I believe, so any brand will do
You drill a hole into the spring perch and bolt each set of pucks down inside the spring
Here's an example:
You must be registered for see images attach

That's all you need unless your UCAs are bad then you need to get those as well
Anyone can install this lift kit, if you can turn a wrench, drill holes and swing a hammer you can do it
I'd highly advise you to install it yourself because a shop is going to charge, what, $700-$800?
When you could spend a day and do it yourself for free
I had ZERO experience with anything suspension related and I was able to do it
Now I try my best to provide my knowledge with fellow KJ owners, as do the others on here who have done the lift
You'll feel much more achieved and really learn a lot about your KJ if you do it yourself and I hope you do
Also, I hope this experience turns you into the "Jeep enthusiast" because it's a tremendous, never ending cycle of spending your cash :gr_grin:

Latest posts

Members online