Vandalism Rant Page

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard from my dad who borrowed the Jeep that the rear light was shattered. This was in a car park. I strongly suspect it was not an accident: there was no bumper damage.

Anyone have any other rants about vandalism: what can I look forward to, and what solutions are there?

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Come to think of it, anyone from UK here with a solution or similar experiences?

tgh117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that stinks. Sorry to hear about it. Over here that could be turned in to the auto insurance, but as long as its just the tail light, its probably not worth the hassle, would be easier to just purchase a new light, whether it be from the dealer, auto wrecking yard, or ebay and replace it.

Good luck

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear. Sounds like a punk indeed. Let's hope that it will revisit the punk seven fold!

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol - was thinking of mounting cameras with face recognition, so i can hunt them down!

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With my front and back mounted camera i can do motion detection \:D/ , so you can atually do that if you wanted. Only problem is that i am worried about killing my battery.

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dnm45227 said:
billforde said:
Only problem is that i am worried about killing my battery.

What you can't just fab up a flux capacitor to run it all?
Because i use Night Vision Cameras, it draws too much power at night, and I dont think a capacitor would provide several hours of power. I do have a second battery install, an Optima Yellow Top, which should be enough to run for several hours. I just not sure what effect it will have on the charging system.

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
billforde said:
With my front and back mounted camera i can do motion detection \:D/ , so you can atually do that if you wanted. Only problem is that i am worried about killing my battery.

You serious about mounting cameras? Or is that just for driving movies?

I'd be careful in South Africa: they'd nick the cameras!

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ENBr said:
billforde said:

I have the cameras already mounted. Right now they upload images to my website while driving. Check my site to see them mounted and in operation http://www.inmyhappyplace.com/jeep

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
billforde said:
ENBr said:
billforde said:

I have the cameras already mounted. Right now they upload images to my website while driving. Check my site to see them mounted and in operation http://www.inmyhappyplace.com/jeep

Very cool!