Valve replacement how-to? Help Troubleshoot?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

widwesternjeepz

Reaction score
Well i can't say i put my wrenches to that much abuse, but point well taken! I can agree if your doing this stuff daily a good set of tools pays for themselves, i don't quite have that requirement! LOL

Waiting on a new rocker, lasher, and valve cover gasket. Pulled the rocker and it must have been holding exhaust valve open a smidge, now with the other five spark plugs pulled and just cyl 2 with a plug in it i can feel the resistance to turning over the engine by hand due to the compression in that cylinder. Buddy was using the compression tester for another job at the same time so i just pulled the plugs and compared between a plug and no plug on cyl 2. Once we get the parts we will crank it over with the gauge again and see what this cyl does.

I can find no mention of failed roller/rocker on these engines, but thats what it appears to be so far, no broken springs, no other problems so far, just a buster up roller in the rocker causing erratic valve operation and a loud ticking from the cam whacking those bad spots on the roller, which was the noise we heard when it was still running before teardown.