Urgent need for new brakepads!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fjellfinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My liberty /KJ / 2003 model 2.8 crd Liimited has worn out front brake pads, and almost half the rear.

Where do I buy these 8 pads cheapest, should I go for genuine Mopar or are others just as good, what do I need to buy besides of the pads and is it easy to do this myself ?

Many questions, please forgive me (Aeh)

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know about where to go, I alwasy go to a local place, not the dealership for brakes, too expensive. But what I do know is Organic pads wear faster (and are typically stock pads) but stop quicker.
Semi-metallic take a little longer to stop, but take longer to wear out.

Fjellfinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trodo said:
I don't know about where to go, I alwasy go to a local place, not the dealership for brakes, too expensive. But what I do know is Organic pads wear faster (and are typically stock pads) but stop quicker.
Semi-metallic take a little longer to stop, but take longer to wear out.

Sorry - I was a bit unprecise.

I live in Norway, where brakepads -- original Mopars - costs approx 300 USD a pair (front or rear)

I have found a lot of offers on eBay -- at about USD 30 a pair -- any good?

Other USA stores that I should ask ?

2003KJ

Reaction score
metalics (or semi-metalics) all the way!

And I'd go to a local shop definitely. $300 USD a pair is outrageous!

Fjellfinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003KJ said:
metalics (or semi-metalics) all the way!

And I'd go to a local shop definitely. $300 USD a pair is outrageous!

OK.
I have a small problem: this very nice eBay seller (?):
http://stores.ebay.com/BrakePlanet
has metallics for KJ but simply won´t send to Norway.
How do I "fix" that ?

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the seller is not shipping out of the country then you can't fix it unless you convince him/her to ship. Maybe find out the cost to ship to Norway and how much you are willing to pay for the extra shipping (give him a little kick back). Keep the costs in the area that you want to spend and you should be okay. If the seller is firm he/she will not ship.

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't come over to the to this side of the pond for pads when some of the best in the world are built a lot closer to you. Brembo, Rotex, and others. Shipping I'd think would also be easier.

Fjellfinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CRD4Liberty said:
Don't come over to the to this side of the pond for pads when some of the best in the world are built a lot closer to you. Brembo, Rotex, and others. Shipping I'd think would also be easier.

Hmmm?

I have just got a very good deal from a German seller on Raybestos brake pads - no good ??