Upgraded Fuel Cooler Transmission Cooler Combo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

warp2diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First the cold Fuel Cooler I installed a couple years ago that takes up too much space will need to be removed. It is only twice as big as it needs to be to keep the fuel cool.
You must be registered for see images attach

Next, I put the B&G 72068 Cooler in with hoses attached and strap it into place to keep my trans cool along with the extra deep PML pan used on Dodge Cummins trucks with the 68RFE trans.

Next, I put the cushion pads onto the B&G 72055 bend the mounting piece on the bottom end to match the angle and over lap the B&G 72068 just a little. Since the B&G 72055 is four times bigger than what I need for a fuel cooler, having some hot air from the B&G 72068 used to cool the trans will not hurt it. Fuel cooler is on top and trans cooler is on the bottom.

Here is the view from the front after it is all strapped in place with rubber isolation sections made from fuel hose.

Grill goes back into place.

With the street temp at 103F it worked out great in city traffic with out hampering the AC. Heat index was at 99F in the shade at the local Airport out in the country outside of town. The fuel cooler is to keep the fuel from getting up to ~160F where the ECM cuts back on fuel to prevent damage to the fuel system.
BTW, I love giving Bean Counter Engineers Strokes :happy175::happy175::happy175:

Last edited: