Upgrade to electric drivers seat base???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AudibleHD

Reaction score
Hey all. I ordered a new seat base and cushion. Dealer sent me an electric seat base for same price!!! . My question is what about the harness to plug in the motors and switches? Looks like there some wires under manual seat, but Im not sure what they do??? Any one done this or is there a Jeep tech on this forum?

thank you

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this a KJ or KK?

The KJ picks up the seat power from the Junction Block which is the internal fuse panel...there is a circuit breaker on the rear of the JB.

Last edited:

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think part of the wiring under the seat is for the airbag system because the seat senses the person’s weight. The airbag deploys a little less forcefully for light, small drivers. Anyways, since the airbag system is involved, disconnect your battery 30 mins before doing anything to the wiring, and maybe run a new power wire for the seat motors if everything isn’t plug and play, rather than taking power from what could be an airbag related wire.