Unloading my factory infinity sound sytem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adonis BHK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey folks, it's been sitting in my garage since I bought it, so I figured it's time to part with it. I've got the factory infinity upgraded door speakers (4 x 6.5") and the factory sub and sub enclosure up for grabs.

I need the factory amp as it's integrated with my system, but other than that, it's all available at the link below.

shop.ebay.ca/rylanmurray/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Does anyone know if these would work with the KJ Infinity system?

chadandy12

Reaction score
not sure i would personally mess with the sub because of all the platics and amp, however I am interested in the speakers. Do you guys think these would be a big upgrade to the stockers? My wife has a patriot with the infinity system and it sounds great but would it still sound great without the sub? Also I don't need a amp just for the door speakers would I? H9ow easy was it to pull these out of your doors, I get leary because of fragile plastic clips that could snap and such?

Adonis BHK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The doors are a breeze in this vehicle. Nothing like my honda civic with it's multitude of plastic clips. I was weary of taking apart my brand new doors too, but it turned out to be a simple experience.

As for the speakers without the sub, they sound great by themselves. I tried it out when I was taking apart the stereo, and had the sub disconnected, and they have a lot of bass, and nice and clear.

Of course the sub is going to add a lot more low end, but if you are just looking for a clean all-round sound, they're pretty hard to beat.

I imagine it will sound very much the same as the Patty does.

chadandy12

Reaction score
Yeah the factory speakers would be ok had I never heard the infinity in the Patriot LOL Comparably speaking its night and day but I was unsure if the door speakers were all thats much different or if it was the sub making the big difference. You still trying to get rid of the speakers or did you sell them?

chadandy12

Reaction score
So from my understanding I would need the amp? I don't have the infinity system right now and was thinking of just swaping out the speakers. From what you are saying this would not work? I would need the amp as well just to power the door speakers without the sub even? I have a KK 2010. I would like to bid on these but if I need the amp I am going to pass I was hoping just to swap out the speakers to get some better sound than the stockers.

No. The KK has an integrated amplifier, the KJ doesn't.

On the KJ the amplifiers are on the speakers.

Last edited:

Adonis BHK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KJ (up to 2007) have the amps on the speakers.

KK (2008-2010) are powered by the stock head-unit, or the factory amplifier - there are NO amps on the speakers in the KK.

So, if you have a KK, you DO NOT need the amps to make this work, they are just like any other speaker that can be powered by the head unit or an amp.