Underbody protection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lib88888

Reaction score
Hi guys! In terms of underbody protection for my kj, what is recommended? Also apart from a snorkel is anything else recommended for going through deeper water/floods?

Thank you

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! In terms of underbody protection for my kj, what is recommended? Also apart from a snorkel is anything else recommended for going through deeper water/floods?

Thank you
Extend the axle breathers to the air box, probably the gearbox and transfer box too.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score

Thank you
First up:
A snorkel alone does absolutely nothing to increase fording depth. Anyone that tells you otherwise is trying to sell you a snorkel. I speak from experience. Even with proper suspension lift a Liberty fording depth is +/- roughly 24" @10mph in standing water. With a snorkel, waterproofing on all electrical systems, entire intake system, and rear quarter panel hidden vent delete and repositioning, max depth is 30" @ 10mph in standing water and you still gonna lose traction and drift due to boyancy. Less if you run bigger than stock tires. Real application for a Liberty snorkel is to move the stupidly small and poorly positioned pack-of-smokes intake up where it gets cleaner, cooler air...and even then you need still need a proper prefilter like a Donaldson.
I also assure you any claims of horsepower increase, throttle response, and fuel economy using a snorkel is snake oil.

Breather extension and AC drain cut off valve is mandatory as others have stated.

I have numerous highly detailed posts about the subject in my KJ build thread.

"Beep beep, Ritchie...down here we all float."

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.