Ultimate Mag-Light Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flyingwen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We all have a handful of the trusty MagLight flashlights laying around. In our case my husband has quite a few laying around in the closets, vehicles, and storage containers. Many of us have one in our Jeep's, and for what ever reason the MagLight mount never seems to last. Well, the stock MagLight mount finally broke on my KJ (installed by the prior owner), and so it was time for the proper mount to be installed.

To mount the MagLight, in my case a three D cell flashlight, I used a set of QuickFist Clamps on the side of the driver's seat mounts. Here's a quick write up:

Install Time: Aprox 5 min.
Tools Needed: Drill, Drill Bit, Wrench, Marker
Hardware needed: 1 pack of QuickFist Clamps, 2 #10 screws, washers, and nuts.

Step 1: Mark the location where you place the #10 screw to mount the QuickFist Clamps as seen here:
You must be registered for see images attach

Step 2: Drill holes to accommodate the #10 Screws as seen below:

Step 3: Install #10 screws into QuickFist Clamps using the washers provided in the package.

Step 4: Install to seat mount using the washers and nuts. Be careful not to over tighten, and tighten just enough to prevent the mounts from rotating.

Step 5: Install flashlight and enjoy!!!

Note: I am sure many of you have figured this out, but to help reduce the noise of the batteries when going over bumps or washboard, we wrap each our batteries with duct tape. Start at the seam on the side, and wrap 3 times using the factory seam as reference point. Make sure that you can remove the batteries and not to over wrap them. It works like a charm!

oddball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh I'm sure some will appreciate your write-up, either now or in the future.

I installed mine here -
You must be registered for see images

Btw; for the C & D cell Mag's, you want the original or standard size "Quick Fist" clamp.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used the Maglite's own brackets, which many people complained as being too fragile. I have been using my mag for a very long time and a few times a aweek, as long as you slide it out towards the front, it works perfectly fine.. Oh, and I never heard any rattle from the batteries.. Maybe your jeep is just nice and quiet, but I got a noisy one, so rattles don't bother me as much as they used to. :)

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice way to keep a flashlight on hand! I plan on mounting one in the same location but it will be a Streamlight and charger that i have on the shelf, no worry about dead batteries.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
I used the Maglite's own brackets, which many people complained as being too fragile. I have been using my mag for a very long time and a few times a aweek, as long as you slide it out towards the front, it works perfectly fine.

x2 - exactly what I use, along the drivers side seat as pictured in the OP.

Flyingwen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the Maglite's own brackets, which many people complained as being too fragile. I have been using my mag for a very long time and a few times a aweek, as long as you slide it out towards the front, it works perfectly fine.. Oh, and I never heard any rattle from the batteries.. Maybe your jeep is just nice and quiet, but I got a noisy one, so rattles don't bother me as much as they used to. :)

Yeah, we broke ours, as you can see by the other drill holes in the pictures.

uctke283

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a light mounted in back on a charger with a spare battery. Not a Mag light - but it is very tough!