UConnect, there but NOT?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rukusjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hm, I was fiddlin' around with the radio today and decided to see what would happen if I pressed the UConnect button. Well all it said was I didn't have UConnect. I knew I didn't have it according to my specs but why put it there? It also has the Voice Command icon next to the UConnect icon, I'm assuming Jeep did this for possible purchase in the future?
The wife is so in love with the Jeep, she is even more in love with the Sirius Sat Radio that she decide to continue subscribing after our "free" year is up. I did notice that when going under some structures it will go static for a moment then return to normal operating mode. I guess it is the materials that I'm driving next to or under.
Anyway, two weeks into it and loving every moment. I won't be wheelin it too much since it is the wife and mine, but I'd like to get better tires.:p

impaler

Reaction score
The uConnect is part of the MyGIG Infotainment system--unless you have that, the uConnect and the Bluetooth is inop. Why it's on the standard radio is beyond me. My KK is on its way via trailer and should be here in a couple days...very psyched!

rukusjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I think I need some kind of software install or something to activate it.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same thing on my JK....buttons are there, but no worky. I think it's probably a "cost cutting" kind of thing....why make 2 different radios (one with, one without) when you can just make it NOT work on one of them? And the MyGig is a completely seperate thing...you can get the UConnect and Bluetooth on other vehicles without having to have the MyGig.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Same thing on my JK....buttons are there, but no worky. I think it's probably a "cost cutting" kind of thing....why make 2 different radios (one with, one without) when you can just make it NOT work on one of them? And the MyGig is a completely seperate thing...you can get the UConnect and Bluetooth on other vehicles without having to have the MyGig.

DING DING DING!!! You get a cookie. :)

cookie.jpg

AUTiger

Reaction score
Finally Arrived

After waiting since August for my '08 Jeep Green 4x4 Liberty w/MyGig & Sky Slider to arrive, It is finally here. Definetly worth the wait.

DnvrJeepGuy

Reaction score
Hi all - I'm new to the forum (as well as to owning a Jeep).

I just, over the weekend, installed the U-Connect module in my KK. I don't have the myGIG - just the standard radio with the U-Connect buttons that initially didn't work. Had to have the dealer update the computer in my Jeep so that the U-Connect would work after I installed it, but it works like a charm.

Dealer sold it for $250 and didn't charge me to hook my Liberty up to the computer and update it for me.

redrock08

Reaction score
U-Connect

My 08 Red Rock Pearl Limited 4x4 is great. Thankfully the U-Connect system worked fine for me. I'm new to Jeeps but the Command-Trac low range is very powerful.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Another thing I recently found out... there's 3 MyGIG radios... two with with and one without navigation. I didn't know that before, just found out recently. So if anyone is looking to add a MyGIG radio to their Jeep expecting to have Navigation, watch out, and make sure it has the "NAV" button on the radio.

RER - Navigation
REN - No Navigation
REU - Navigation

midrider

Reaction score
my u-connect went out, it just quit working, my dealer had to re-install it . It works perfect again