UConnect install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EdgarNYU

Reaction score
Does anyone have a set of diagrams/directions for installing the UConnect that has the big speaker box with it?

I was on the <www.wjjeep> site and found the install for a GC but can't figure it out for a KJ.

Anyone that has installed it previously, can you help me out?

BTW , will this work with my stock RBK radio?

Thanks

jholmes

Reaction score
suggestion

If I can make a suggestion... get a HU with bluetooth in it. cleans up the install, and acts like the factory installed uconnect... also gives you a new headunit, and bluetooth at equal to or less than the total of both

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only headunits I've seen with bluetooth in them are the newest units from DCX. Is there an aftermarket unit?

EdgarNYU

Reaction score
RBK

Thank you both for the input BUUUUTTTTTT....

I have it already. A generous 'hand me down' from a former member that sold his Libby.

Soooooooo... still leaves me with SEEING or HEARING from someone that has had it installed AFTER the factory.

EdgarNYU

Reaction score
YES!!!

Thanks to all of you Gentlemen (and Bob). This was the missing link.

Now to figure on doing the install without breaking or tearing anything.

How many wrenches would you give this on a 1 wrench for easy and 4 wrenches for most difficult scale?

:-({|=

infosponge

Reaction score
I just did this on my wife's 2003 KJ over the weekend. It took about 90-ish minutes.

One thing that took some extra time is that the Mopar instruction sheet says to drill two holes in the crossmember underneath the steering column to mount the speaker. Well...I'm glad I didn't blindly go along with that because on our KJ that column is filled with a large wiring harness and drilling into that would have been a Very Bad Thing (TM). As a workaround I used zip ties to attach it to the kick panel instead.

The unit works great & she's very happy with it. I kinda wish I had one on my '07 Wrangler now. :)

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The kick panel is where I placed my speaker, I drilled a hole and mounted it with a bolt, and it works fine located there

Bob

Latest posts

Members online