Tyres

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StewF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yet another dumb question from the UK

Are the optimum mud terrain tyres for a 2" lift 265/70R16 or 245/75R16

Hope someone can help

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
245/75R16

Anything larger and you will need more lift and a re gear to do it right..

Technically, you should re gear even with 245/75's but many don't. 245/75's should fit just fine with a 2" lift though...

If you are getting aggressive like M/T's you may need to pound the pinch weld. Which isn't a euphemism for something else, I promise:gr_grin:

**edit** I misread the other tire size as 265/75's my bad

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yet another dumb question from the UK

Are the optimum mud terrain tyres for a 2" lift 265/70R16 or 245/75R16

Hope someone can help

Basically those two sizes are about the same height, just the 265-70-16s are a little wider is all so depends on if you like a wider tire or not. Look on Tire Rack and compare the two sizes

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
What's a "tyre"?

:party52:

:happy175::ROFLJest::happy175:
Marry a beautiful lady from East Africa ( Tanzania) where they are taught proper British English in school. Then have her teach languages at the University level and suddenly you no longer know how to structure a sentence properly or know what a tire, err I mean tyre is ................
Wait , ah heck never mind we're burning a brush pile tonight and I have 5 more truck tars to throw on the far , keeps the skitters away ya know
:party52::ROFLJest:

StewF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sarcasm me like it Tyre is an english word unlike tire

Anyhoo found out the 265 route wont work as on full lock theyll foul the inner wing causing a MOT failure so 245/75 x16 it will be

Cyanide

Reaction score
No, British English is English that has some words the rest of us can't understand! lol
The language you speak: British English - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

American English is a set of dialects of the English language used mostly in the United States. Approximately two-thirds of the world's native speakers of English live in the United States.[2] The predominant accent of American English that is most free from regional, ethnic, or cultural distinctions is the accent known as General American.

English is the most widely-spoken language in the United States. English is the common language used by the federal government and is considered the de facto language of the United States due to its widespread use. English has been given official status by 30 of the 50 state governments.[3][4] As an example, under federal law, English is the official language of United States courts

American English - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hhmmmm....what came first? The chicken or the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egg_(food) :happy175:

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
American English is a set of dialects of the English language used mostly in the United States. Approximately two-thirds of the world's native speakers of English live in the United States.[2] The predominant accent of American English that is most free from regional, ethnic, or cultural distinctions is the accent known as General American.

English is the most widely-spoken language in the United States. English is the common language used by the federal government and is considered the de facto language of the United States due to its widespread use. English has been given official status by 30 of the 50 state governments.[3][4] As an example, under federal law, English is the official language of United States courts

American English - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hhmmmm....what came first? The chicken or the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egg_(food) :happy175:

Ya after all that... try to understand someone speaking South Bostonian... haha

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tyre is also a correct way of spelling it. I learned that a couple months ago actually :icon_lol:

I think it's British English or something.

The term is Proper English, one of the reasons I think people have a hard time understanding me when I talk. I tend to speak in the Proper English fashion and I do use the spellings that go with it.