Two Amps to the same speakers.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am trying to figure out if its possible to connect two amps to the same set of speakers. I plan to use a relay, so that only one of the amps will be on at any one time. Is there a way to do this that wont cause damage to one of the amps?

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats a really intersting concept Bill. Now I am really really curious what you will be doing with that.

One sure way would be to relay the speaker wires as well as the remote on the amp. But I am not sure if the relay would cause interference with the speaker signal. This is something deffinetly worth thinking about.

What are your plans though?

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a bluetooth speaker phone install in the my KJ. When i get a call, it automatically mutes the music by turning off the remote signal to the amp(s). The speaker phone has its own speaker, but i want it to use the center speakers currently attach to my amp. I thought about putting a relay(s) on the speaker side, but i am worried that it will effect the sound.