Turns over the dies and oil light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zrt

Reaction score
Hi,
I've had an issue for some time now and now need to get it resolved asap.

My jeep turns over then after 2-4s dies. I rev it up after it starts and it dies. I've had the charging system checked- they say it's good. Battery is supposedly good. I'm thinking injectors, fuel pump, fuel filter...

Second issue is I see the red oil light for the car come on intermittedly sometimes a few times a week. Not often. It worries me. I've had the oil plug sensor checked and that was fine. Doesn't run low on oil... I've had codes checked and no codes came up.

Suggestions?

I'm now stuck! After it died I charged the battery and the car wouldn't begin to crank. Same thing after I had it jumped. I think it's time to have it towed.

Zach

hsb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every so often my wife's oil light will come on, she can turn the engine off and start it back up without the light being on.

zrt

Reaction score
Sounds like a key issue and the OEM alarm.

I'm not familiar with the key issue, I'll have to research that. Does that matter if I have a chip in my key? I don't have a chip in it.

Also, the key I'm using right now has been gutted of the lock/unlock electronics. It's my spare since I left my other in my sister's car.. I've had this same issue with the other key though..

Last edited:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the key issue, I'll have to research that. Does that matter if I have a chip in my key? I don't have a chip in it.

Also, the key I'm using right now has been gutted of the lock/unlock electronics. It's my spare since I left my other in my sister's car.. I've had this same issue with the other key though..
That would be your issue as those key/keyfob combined keys do have chips inside them and if the SKIM module does not detect that signal from the chip it cuts the engine off after about 2-3 seconds.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would be your issue as those key/keyfob combined keys do have chips inside them and if the SKIM module does not detect that signal from the chip it cuts the engine off after about 2-3 seconds.

I don think his issue is with the chip. I use just my spare key sometimes and it doesnt shut down.

zrt

Reaction score

Ya'll are right on that. Thank you. It was the key. I got the regular key back and it started right up.

Sounds like I may need to get a new set of chipped keys. Is that it?? I'm surprised as I'm not used to electronic issues with keys. If that's what's been causing this issue all along then I'm happy.

I know I can have the fuel pump tested next if a new set of keys doesn't clear it up completely.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.