Turn signals and trailer towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brendag

Reaction score
We have a small 5x10 utility trailer that when hooked up to the 03 all the lights work except the left turn signal. All lights are functioning correctly without the trailer. Same trailer hooked up to 2020 and 1994 Wranglers all the lights and signals work. Did some searching and found some info that suggested that the hazard switch could be the culprit. This was info on Chevy products but it was the only thing I could find related to my issue. Anyone have any suggestions or thoughts on this? Thanks for your help.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I would start with the ( KJ ) trailer wiring first
easy to test with a test light
also easy to replace the wiring if need be, just plug and play
My 03 started with similar issues , replaced wiring from inside the rear right corner and all good

brendag

Reaction score
Thanks tommudd not sure if the trailer is the issue since the Libby is the one with the problem. Trailer lights work fine with both wranglers. I would test another vehicle but I don't have access to a 4th vehicle with trailer wiring.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks tommudd not sure if the trailer is the issue since the Libby is the one with the problem. Trailer lights work fine with both wranglers. I would test another vehicle but I don't have access to a 4th vehicle with trailer wiring.
Never said the trailer was the problem
CHECK the trailer wiring in/on the KJ
Test it , the trailer has nothing to do with your problem

Ksat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would check the resistance on the trailer wiring (with the bulb(s) out) and make sure grounds are clean for the left side. Also make sure bulb and trailer plug connections are clean. Your Lib's flasher might be less tolerant of a problem on that side than your other 2 vehicles. On that note, the flasher itself could be the problem as well. If you have another lying around, swap it in to see if there's any change.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
oh well ..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

brendag

Reaction score
Sorry I got what you were saying this morning. Work early AM so probably not the best time for reading comprehension right before bed. I will check it out this weekend and post the results.

Michael Noland

Reaction score
My Jeep has separate fuses for vehicle lights and trailer lights. Took me a while to figure that out.

brendag

Reaction score
Ok sorry it took so long to get this checked. Got out the test light and the harness plug is working correctly. Left, right, tail, and stop all work. What am I missing?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
ground
Have you checked the ground from the Jeep to the trailer ?
Jumper cables work good in checking this, run from Jeep to trailer and check lights then

Latest posts

Members online