Turn off TPMS indicator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Preacher

Reaction score
I am trying to turn off the TPMS indicator light open my 2006 Jeep Liberty KJ. I have a Vgate iCar Pro OBDII diagnostic interface. Which scanner supports 2006 Jeep Liberty KJ? I am assuming I will need to purchase a license to use it, but so far I cannot find one that shows 2006 KJ.

Halcyon

Reaction score
I am trying to turn off the TPMS indicator light open my 2006 Jeep Liberty KJ. I have a Vgate iCar Pro OBDII diagnostic interface. Which scanner supports 2006 Jeep Liberty KJ? I am assuming I will need to purchase a license to use it, but so far I cannot find one that shows 2006 KJ.
I did this for my 2011 KK...follow the indications on this youtube video.

JC

Preacher

Reaction score
Unfortunately that process does not work for a 2006 KJ Jeep Liberty. Going to try to get the PIN and go from there. Never realized that the KK and KJ would make this kind of difference.

Halcyon

Reaction score
I twice replaced the TPMS sensors with aftermarkets and didn't last more than a year. The plus side of disabling the warning light with this method, is that you end up with a really neat scanner that can monitor a lot of stuff from your truck, besides just error codes.

JC

seafish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So how is this done on a KJ?? ... I'd love to get that last trouble light off on my cluster without spending dollars on new $ensor$ that I dont use anyways.

Last edited:

Halcyon

Reaction score
Some guy in this thread claims to have done it...

Preacher

Reaction score
Yes, please, how is this done on a KJ? I have already spent too many dollars on sensors that DO NOT WORK!

seafish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remove the bulb?
I like this idea...as long as there's NOT a bulb out warning light that doing this will activate instead!! :eek:

Of course, Im kidding... I know that there's not, but I wouldnt put it past all them silly safety engineers trying to meet federal standards ... as well as justify their jobs ;)

Is there a good thread on deconstructing the KJ dashboard and removing the instrument cluster??

Just for shiggles--one of my many favorite cartoons.

You must be registered for see images attach

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ridiculous TPMS warning is on in my wife's Renegade, I'm hoping I can permanently disable it with my friend Snap-on scanner, failing that I've found a guy in Lithuania who makes an emulator that you just put somewhere out of the way in the car.
I'm sure that there's a guide to doing dash bulbs on here.