Trusted shops outside Chicago

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RenegadeJay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not being very Jeep savy to "do it myself" and reading about all the different enhancements you can do to the KJ's, is there someplace that people have gone to or trust with modifying their KJ outside Chicago? I look online all the time and haven't found anywhere that does minor mods (hell, I haven't even found a place for major mods). Just askin if the few KJ owners (on here, I see KJ's everywhere) in the area have ay recommendations. Thanks all.

JMSMN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ask around and see if you can find some other members that are reasonably close to you. See if you can get together with them and see if they will help you out. Remember steaks and beverages go along ways. Plus, you can learn how to work on your jeep, get the mods done, and meet some good people along the way.

tan's2002kjlimited

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not being very Jeep savvy to "do it myself" and reading about all the different enhancements you can do to the KJ's, is there someplace that people have gone to or trust with modifying their KJ outside Chicago? I look on-line all the time and haven't found anywhere that does minor mods (hell, I haven't even found a place for major mods). Just asking if the few KJ owners (on here, I see KJ's everywhere) in the area have Any recommendations. Thanks all.

Where "outside Chicago" are you? There are over a dozen of us,
both members here, and on the Lost KJs forum. The majority live in
the North, NW, and West suburbs.
http://www.lostkjs.com/forum/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=114

Ask around and see if you can find some other members that are reasonably close to you. See if you can get together with them and see if they will help you out. Remember steaks and beverages go along ways. Plus, you can learn how to work on your jeep, get the mods done, and meet some good people along the way.

I'm hoping to get a lift party going once I order and get my new lift kit
in the next month or so.

Both forums are very insightful on information, how to's,
the good, the bad, and the (sometimes) uglies about the
wonderful vehicle you have decided to purchase.