Transmission problem error P1775 AND P1776

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Surfo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JEEP LIBERTY 2006 4X4
AUTOMATIC 42RLE
100,000 miles on it

:help:, I hope i can explain this right...Car runs good on 1st and 2nd gear good torque and power but when I've reach 60 miles and shifts to 3rd it feels vibration and lose torque. Sometimes transmission shifts down to 2nd gear by it self and it need to cool off in order to get back to normal.

Over drive is not working this started previously and gas milage is very bad. The other day trans temp signal cam on on the dashboard will going on a long hill, basically i feel problems on 3rd gear

Ive have this 2 error codes on transmission:
P1775 (switch valve latched in tcc position)
and P1776 (switch valve latched in LR position)

Ive replaced solenoid pack, oil and filter and serviced valve body (deep wash)

Mechanic says transmission its needs to be completely repaired, but i think this might be an electrical problem acridly to the codes.

Don want to spend major money on repair if is not needed.

Any help will he appreciated!!!

Daniel J.

rjkj2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shuttering and over heating is mechanical. Time to fined or rebuild your transmission. When you do. Put a new torque converter with it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Sounds like it's time for a rebuild. I got the P1776 and the PO740, tried the solenoid pack and that didn't fix it.

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep trans needs rebuild tc may be already cactus and dumping debris into the box causing the issùes. I spent a small fortune trying to get around trans issues and in the end still had to rebuild

2004 3.7 limited

Runion

Reaction score
---- If your transmission is giving you any warnings at all, you need to heed it's plight.
I had a (check engine) light and we kept checking the codes. Kept reading transmission. The light cleared and it did not slip. To me it was acting normally.
The light began to remain on and I was getting ready to take it in but I tried to get one last trip in it when the transmission just stopped moving the car. It just stopped with a little vibration then nothing.
I did'nt want a high mileage transmission from the men's mall because I tow so I had a shop do it.
Yes I know, SUPER Expensive. And if you don't know what I mean, then you are a lucky one. I will put it this way.

see my full comments in