Transmision oil and filter change FYI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DougBenn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a precaution to those of you who do your own service.

I changed the ****** fluid and filter this weekend. After pulling the filter, I looked for an O ring or seal where it seats into the ******. Could not see one, and noticed the new filter had a shoulder that would make it appear to need a seal. There was no seal in the package and it fit snugly.

Since I could not get a seal to magically appear, I replaced the filter and all seems fine. But it has been bugging me to no end. I made a few calls this morning and , well I will be pulling the trans pan again. As I feared, under load this missing o ring could cause the ****** to slip and , well you know the rest.

So a note to everyone. even if it looks like there is no seal on the filter, look again, there is! It may be hard to get off of there at first. I would recommend just buying a new one with your filter. My parts guy didn't even know there was one either and he is very detail minded.

So at $5.00 a quart I am off to buy 5 more and do it again. ](*,)

Hopefully this helps at least one person out. :-k