Trans Skid Plate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maximum Carnage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know they are not the beefiest, maybe you replaced yours and you have one. I'm looking for only the transmission skid plate. JParts.com sells the 05-07for $42(pictured below) looking to see if I can save a few $$ and might find a used one for a better price. I have a 2002.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

BlkJeepKJ

Reaction score
I have a 2004, and Installed the Tansfer case, and gas tank skids today. I didn't go any further as they gave me the wrong transmission skid, which is made for the 05-07 models only. If you drive an 02, I am pretty sure it won't fit, as this is the same issue I am having. I hope they are still making the other ****** skids, or I can atleast get one! :(

Maximum Carnage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2004, and Installed the Tansfer case, and gas tank skids today. I didn't go any further as they gave me the wrong transmission skid, which is made for the 05-07 models only. If you drive an 02, I am pretty sure it won't fit, as this is the same issue I am having. I hope they are still making the other ****** skids, or I can atleast get one! :(

They don't make a ****** skid plate especially for the 02-04:( If you want a ****** skid plate for your 04 you will have to only use three bolts to hold it.
If I get one I will probably modify a bracket or something similar to use all four bolt holes.

BlkJeepKJ

Reaction score
They don't make a ****** skid plate especially for the 02-04:( If you want a ****** skid plate for your 04 you will have to only use three bolts to hold it.
If I get one I will probably modify a bracket or something similar to use all four bolt holes.

I read that some where right after I posted.. thanks though.

I am going to modify the skid plate so I can use the 4 bolts, it won't take much. :)

priell3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the transmission skid put on my 03 KJ. Drilled through the cross member to attached the 4th bolt. I have pics, somewhere if you need them.