Trans pan (RTV or Gasket?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my pressure sensor leaked too, got an o-ring at the parts store, and then it still leaked, noticed it had a crack in the sensor body and fluid was bypassing the o-rings. new sensors and i was back in business (carquest had the best price/warranty in my area by the way)

fishyx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my pressure sensor leaked too, got an o-ring at the parts store, and then it still leaked, noticed it had a crack in the sensor body and fluid was bypassing the o-rings. new sensors and i was back in business (carquest had the best price/warranty in my area by the way)

Just degreased the heck out of the sensor to get a better look at it. Like Uss2 said, a bolt on the side holds it in place. I would think it would drip straight down if it was just a bad O-ring so I'm guessing that the body on mine is also cracked. The whole sensor and wiring harness is coated with trans fluid. Probably just gonna grab a whole new sensor.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
please use MOPAR for any sensors.

avondalewholesaleparts.com has the best price and free shipping IMHO.
Ships out from Phx AZ.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please, please use Mopar sensors.

We've all been the other route...and have seen the light. So we got Mopar and the light went out.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup definitely go MOPAR. I just had to replace my VSS again because the BWD replacement I used failed in a little over a year.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you get around to it, please let me know the O-ring size you use.
Wont be able to get to it this weekend.
Thanks!

Well mine actually looked fine so didn't fiddle with it. I did notice a slight leak on the corner of the (new) pan just below that sensor. No drips, just wet. Looks like the next fluid/filter change will involve RTV. I used a gasket last time.

fishyx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had an idea (Yikes)! Thinking about pulling that leaky sensor today and trying to seal it with a little Trans RTV. I'll just put a little bit around the o-rings after a thorough cleaning. Watcha think????

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably not a good idea. When you pull the sensor you will see it has a very small hole for. The fluid to enter, if it plugs with sealer somehow you are done. Also you wouldn't be able to clean the sealant out of the hole if you ever need to replace the sensor again. By the way for the other posters we are talking about the line pressure sensor not the vss

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If i remember correctly my sensor looked fine the o rings looked good too but it leaked. Not crazy just like another poster said just the pan was wet and the sensor plug was wet. How i deduced that it was the sensor for sure. I took a shop towel and wrapped the sensor really tight did my usual driving which would result in a wet pan and with the rag my pan was dry. Took the rag off the next day did the same driving and got a wet pan. Amazon had a great price for the mopar sensor think it was $45 shipped. Changed it out no more wet pan. Little to no fluid came out when i pulled it a few table spoons. I can measure the o ring on my old sensor if someone wants it.

Latest posts

Members online