****** skid??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimm

Reaction score
I know this has been discussed a lot on all forums but I would rather post here. What ****** skid do you recommend for the 04? Where do you get it at? How difficult to install, do you get all mounting hardware? I have the mopar skids on now does it interfere with them?
thanx Jimm

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you need the absolut best? or just having something there to protect yourself going to do? If your offroading puts you in situations you need the absolut best its going to be the All Js super skid (click here for best deal on LOST board), if you can get by because of your low to moderate offroading needs the cheaper (and not quite as strong) Skid Row or Rusty's skids should do you just fine.

Jimm

Reaction score
Don't need the best, just some protection. Someone on another board mentioned mopar making a plate for 05, but I called two dealers and they both said no. If mopar made one thats what I would get. Just need a little protection from the logging roads and boat ramps (if you can call them that) in Canada.

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the underbody is a bit different on the '05s, which means that while yes there is a trans skid OE that how it mounts is not going to work on a pre'05 (also the transfer case skid is different too as a result).

Your only bolt in choice is then aftermarket....