****** issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4kingx889

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok the other week I had a problem with my ****** I took the pan off and seen the plastic peace that screws into the canister filter broke and the filter was laying in the pan and the fluid was burnt...put new fluid in all the code's went away and it shift's and drive's fine except over drive it slip's and bucks when it shift's into OD and also throw's P0734 but when you turn OD off it drive's fine

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Burnt fluid = burnt clutch pack.

A rebuild or replacement is in your near future.

4x4kingx889

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bummer...what's involved with pulling the ****** out of crd? The exhaust have to come off? Ill try to get winter out of it and maybe deal with it In Spring...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's like the 3.7, yes you have to drop the exhaust first.

4x4kingx889

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You think it will hurt anything ( besides fuel milage ) to drive it with od locked out?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you install the rubber filter seal? To make sure you have a good fit against the trans body (to prevent a possible sucking of air), you want to install the seal up into the recess of the trans, then slip the filter on. You don't want to put the seal on the filter first, then slip that onto the trans.
Also, the broken/dropped filter is a concern since the bottom of the filter is the fluid pick up point. Don't know how far the filter can drop down though, but that could have caused possible fluid starvation and the burning of fluid. If anybody makes a metal filter, I'd definitely go that route instead of plastic.

4x4kingx889

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you install the rubber filter seal? To make sure you have a good fit against the trans body (to prevent a possible sucking of air), you want to install the seal up into the recess of the trans, then slip the filter on. You don't want to put the seal on the filter first, then slip that onto the trans.
Also, the broken/dropped filter is a concern since the bottom of the filter is the fluid pick up point. Don't know how far the filter can drop down though, but that could have caused possible fluid starvation and the burning of fluid. If anybody makes a metal filter, I'd definitely go that route instead of plastic.

Which filter are you talking about the sump filter or canister filter? I installed the canister filter like a regular oil filter...and like I said it drive's/shift's great until overdrive which like other's have told me make's me think there's damage...

2007mega

Reaction score
You don't have to drop the exhaust. Changed 3 transmissions on mine ( yes 3) (4 tq. converters) and never had a problem with the exhaust. Where in pa are you?