Train Derailment New Jeep's Onboard !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
A few folks will be waiting a bit longer for their new rides
Be a great time to pick up some diffs from a Rubi for a full on SFA swap ( along with rear etc)

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd like to know what exactly happens to all the repairable vehicles? What about the good parts? Surely they will not scrap everything !!
This site mentions "These Truck Will Not Reach Customers" https://www.autoblog.com/2019/07/11...t leaves new pickup trucks damaged in nevada/
Too many questions & no statement from FCA that I can find. Would dealerships be responsible for making repairs to salvageable vehicles?
They do tow them somewhere & what happens after that is ??
You must be registered for see images attach

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/07/11...t leaves new pickup trucks damaged in nevada/

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't be too surprised if a few of the less damaged ones find their way back to the streets with salvage titles, but I'm sure jeep will take the insurance check and have nothing to do with them.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Some of them will be darn near mint & could easily be used as demonstrators. ;)
Sure brings a whole new meaning to Demo. Oops, I meant demolished!

It happened around Lincoln County Nevada yet one of the towing companies was Walker
Towing.
They are located in Henderson Nevada.

Edit: The date it happened was July 11 2019.
I wouldn't doubt that the local wrecking yards would have more information as to what exactly became of the vehicles !

David13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The population of Lincoln county is 5,000 people. They may well have no tow companies out there. No junkyards, etc.

That's why they will have to go into Henderson. Or elsewhere. Same here. Rural counties with few people and no services, no big stores, etc. It's all growing but still limited in many places.
dc

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Years ago I was looking for a dually for my business back then ( 1988-89 )
Stopped at one Ford dealership , nice dually, all white, 87 miles on it ,
Asked the price and was 1000s less than what I had been seeing
Took it for a test ride and drove great, just what I wanted
BUT,.....
There was this fresh paint smell that was strong
Got back to dealership, they had even a better deal waiting for me if I signed right away !!!
GREAT, right
But before I signed and wrote out the check they stated I had to sign one more piece of paperwork
?????????????????
Here this thing had fell off of the transporter onto its side requiring a cab ,fender , drivers door, drivers side bedside and a few more items
They said things like this happen all the time and are repaired and sent out
I didn't buy the truck
While working at a Ford Dealership seen all kinds of things coming in , even one Bronco ( yes a few years back, 78-79 ) with no oil filter and motor knocking like crazy.
Guy who ordered it was standing there as they unloaded it
So don't be surprised if a lot of those on that train made it back out into the world

David13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Years ago I was looking for a dually for my business back then ( 1988-89 )
Stopped at one Ford dealership , nice dually, all white, 87 miles on it ,
Asked the price and was 1000s less than what I had been seeing
Took it for a test ride and drove great, just what I wanted
BUT,.....
There was this fresh paint smell that was strong
Got back to dealership, they had even a better deal waiting for me if I signed right away !!!
GREAT, right
But before I signed and wrote out the check they stated I had to sign one more piece of paperwork
?????????????????
Here this thing had fell off of the transporter onto its side requiring a cab ,fender , drivers door, drivers side bedside and a few more items
They said things like this happen all the time and are repaired and sent out
I didn't buy the truck
While working at a Ford Dealership seen all kinds of things coming in , even one Bronco ( yes a few years back, 78-79 ) with no oil filter and motor knocking like crazy.
Guy who ordered it was standing there as they unloaded it
So don't be surprised if a lot of those on that train made it back out into the world

About 55 years ago I had a guy help me change a 58 Chevy I had from auto trans to stick. He had bought a new Chevrolet that had fallen off the truck. He fixed it up and had a nice new car. He worked at the Chevrolet dealership and did auto work at his house on the side.
dc

Those Jeeps will probably all be back out on the road.

Latest posts

Members online