Trail riding in WI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trooper

Reaction score
Anyone have any good spots to go trail riding in WI in a stock Lib?

I've been driving on some snowmobile trails in Northern WI. Not looking for something overly difficult, just some nice trails through the woods and some spots to get muddy.

Thanks for your help.

07 liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry. It's not mortgagers like my previous post stated. It should have said northwoods. The auto spell check on my IPhone does not recognize the word northwoods.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Nicolet NF in NE Wisconsin is great. I do a trip up there every year. We have a group going in September - you're more than welcome if you're interested.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's suprising to me that WI does not have more OHV parks and trails. We have alot of ATV trails, but almost no designated 4x4 areas.:disgust:

Most of my offroading is done on a buddies farm. And in the Black River State Forest and surrounding county lands, which is a mix of snowmobile trails, old logging roads, etc. Nothing too technical or difficult, but fun none-the-less

And as YC mentioined there is the Nicolet NF, along with the Chequamegon NF in the nort' country.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
How is the Black River forest for wheeling? Nice and close I assume!

Trooper

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input. I have to start looking them up.

I have a brother in Menomonie who has an '01 Cherokee with a 4" lift and 31's that is pretty sharp. I'll have to drag him along.

Jeepman56

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually just find some older logging roads up by where we camp and hunt. I found the road that my avatar pic is taken on in Nicolet near Armstrong Creek. Never been to Northwoods Overland but I know the pipeline near Crandon is a 4x4 hotspot.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is the Black River forest for wheeling? Nice and close I assume!

Many of the better trails/areas up there have been closed in the last 5 yrs for "forest reclamation." Some other areas were trashed by inconsiderate a$$hats and were gated off. Seems like every time we went up there, we came back with bags full of trash that others had dumped.

BRSF isn't really much for serious wheeling anymore. Mostly two tracking and trail riding. There is also surrounding county forest land that is fun to explore, but not very challenging stuff.
http://dnr.wi.gov/forestry/StateForests/SF-BlackRiver/

SabaII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone been to Dresser? I am thinking about making a trip up there in a couple months after I get skids and tow hooks.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dresser is a town up near St. Croix Falls. Are you talking about Interstate State Park? I wasn't aware that there are 4x4 trails up there.

SabaII, if you know of some, please tell us[-o<

SabaII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its in Dresser WI. Not sure of the exact name of the park but type in Dresser WI in googles and some videos will come up.