Trading in the '08 KK for '09 rocky mtn ed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cvt8474

Reaction score
Well I've had it with my '08 KK. It went into the shop again last week for more issues (again issues that no dealer in my area has ever seen). My last post said what it was about, traction control/ABS turning on when the Jeep shifts gear. This is the 5th time since I purchased the Jeep 10/24/08 that it has had to go in for work. My cousin works for Chrysler and looked at it, and noticed due to trim pieces/textures that this is a very early '08 and probably the reason for all the issues. The dealer is taking the jeep back for a little more than trade-in, which is fine considering I put 9,000 miles on it already. With all the incentives I'm going to be able to buy the Rocky Mtn Ed. which includes the 17" limited style wheel, the mygig, and power moonroof pretty cheap. The window sticker is at $27,645, and the incentives get it down to $19,220, so at that price there's no reason to buy used in my opinion. I really hope no one has had all the miscellanious problems I have with my '08. I just wish that I could get the Jeep Green on RM ed.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
After all those problems I probably wouldn't buy another Liberty. I guess you liked it so much.

richd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure your getting a good deal.I had a Chrysler buyback in 02 and was given the MSRP of the car,no deductions for mileage or any other charge.If your cousin works for Chrysler,he should know about buybacks.I would check into to that before making any deal.Good Luck.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I'm not sure your getting a good deal.I had a Chrysler buyback in 02 and was given the MSRP of the car,no deductions for mileage or any other charge.If your cousin works for Chrysler,he should know about buybacks.I would check into to that before making any deal.Good Luck.
He's not going through a buyback. He's trading it in.

richd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He's not going through a buyback. He's trading it in.

Thats my point.Its a new vehicle and should go through a Chrysler buyback.He would get more money for his Liberty from a buyback instead of trade in.Chrysler is making out on this deal.

cvt8474

Reaction score
After all those problems I probably wouldn't buy another Liberty. I guess you liked it so much.

Yes I do like the liberty a lot, I believe I just got a bad one. I've talked with several people at Jeep dealers, and non of them have seen any 08's come in with the problems I've had.

cvt8474

Reaction score

My cousin did bring up escalating the KK to the executive staff for the buy back department, but he said at this point I probably wouldn't get more than what the dealer is giving. To get that MSRP price for buyback I believe you need to have the same problem occur 3 or 4 times within a given time period. The other thing is the lemon law (is that what happened with yours?) really only helps the original owner, and I bought this Jeep used. Either way, you make a good point but it doesn't sound like I can get the same thing you did. My KK has had several issues, but only 1 has repeated itself.

cvt8474

Reaction score
One other thing... may I ask what Dealer?

I'll try checking the build date tonight and get back with you. To be honest I'd rather not say what dealer. They have honestly worked with me very well with all the problems, and I don't want them getting a negative look for one bad Jeep. They really take care of their customers and that's why I'm buying the new Jeep through them.

cvt8474

Reaction score
One other thing... may I ask what Dealer?

I'll try grabbing the build date tonight and getting back with you later. To be honest I don't want to say what dealer I bought the Jeep from. They've honestly been really good taking care of what they can. They really take care of their customers and I don't want them getting a negative wrap over one bad Jeep. I'm buying my new Jeep from them too.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Oh no, I just wanted to know what dealer so if anybody in my family or anyone I know is looking for a KK anytime soon I can tell them to stay the heck away from your old one! :p lol3.gif

cvt8474

Reaction score
Oh no, I just wanted to know what dealer so if anybody in my family or anyone I know is looking for a KK anytime soon I can tell them to stay the heck away from your old one! :p lol3.gif

Oh ok, well telling you the dealer won't help actually. The dealer is sending it to the auction, so who know's where it will end up. If I had to guess, it will come out of a auction around Detroit or Pontiac (MI) area.