Tow package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTL_Liberty

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anybody knows for sure what is included in the factor tow package? The dealer warned me not to tow more than 1000 - 1500lbs with my KJ since I don't have this tow package. They told me that all KJs have a ****** cooler but the one's with the tow package have a "heavy duty" one for better cooling. More cooling coils or something like that. It this true or is the dealer trying to sell me a product that I don't need?

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
hitch, a bigger fan shroud (bigger fan too maybe), ****** cooler.
not too sure about it having a ****** cooler stock....and the one in the tow package being more beefier...

i've heard of a few ppl towing w/o the ****** cooler. nothing near max tho, and it was short distances...kept it nice and easy, and just kept an eye on the trans temp light....

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tow Pack

I thought the tow pack engine had 2 radiator fans, 1 electric, 1 thermostatically controlled engine driven.

-=JoN=- said:
not too sure about it having a ****** cooler stock....and the one in the tow package being more beefier...

i've heard of a few ppl towing w/o the ****** cooler. nothing near max tho, and it was short distances...kept it nice and easy, and just kept an eye on the trans temp light....

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
Re: Tow Pack

valvestem said:
I thought the tow pack engine had 2 radiator fans, 1 electric, 1 thermostatically controlled engine driven.

-=JoN=- said:

thats it.....thats why i said maybe...wasnt too sure on the fan...

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my KJ was purchased sans tow package, I'd since installed a Draw-Tite hitch and T-One wiring. I've first hand experience of towing 5k (Car and Uhaul Auto Transport trailer) with out issue.

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score

-=JoN=- said:
valvestem said:

-=JoN=- said:

No offense intended -=JoN=-. I just wanted to get the info out there. 8-[

gsbrockman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Taken from the '05 Brochure :

Trailer Tow Group--Includes Class III receiver hitch, 7-pin wiring harness, 7-to-4 pin adaptor and heavy duty engine cooling and auxillary oil cooler for automatic transmissions.

They left out that it has the underdash pigtail connector for the electric trailer brake box.

Greg

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe they changed it for 05. But some libby come with the ****** cooler stock and some dont. Mine did and i dont have the ****** cooler. The 2002 models did not come with the aux ****** cooler but did have a ****** cooler in the radiator. If he had the ****** cooler he would havea nother cooler for the ******. Im sure u can tow more than 1k-1.5k though. Maybe no more than 3500. The 2002 libbys came with a Power steering cooler on all models tow pack or not and auw cooler on tow pack models along with mech. fan and bigger shroud.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score

valvestem said:
-=JoN=- said:
valvestem said:

-=JoN=- said:

No offense intended -=JoN=-. I just wanted to get the info out there. 8-[

none taken..like i said..i wasnt 100% on it...so i was hoping someone else can chime in on it

MTL_Liberty

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the responses. I won't be hauling anything as heavy as 5000Lbs. but it's good to know I can still haul a decent load... \:D/

Latest posts

Members online