Tow hooksuestion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AJ

Reaction score
New to this forum, also new to Libertys.
Question:
How do the tow hooks mount to the frame?
Is the tow hook and mounting bracket one piece or is there two pieces (one to mount to the frame and the tow hooks mounts to that)?
Just got a grill guard for my '04 and it is supposed to mount to the tow hook brackets.
Not having tow hooks (or brackets) I'm confused (not to difficult).
Spent a lot of time on a Camaro forum so I know2 just how great these can be for a "neebie" like me.
Thanks in advance.
AJ

waldn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum wavey.gif
I don't know anything about grill guards but hope these help you
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

AtlanticLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, if you look up under the front you'll see two smaller holes and a larger opening towards the outside. The two smaller holes are where the guards and hooks mount to.

I don't know about hooks, but guard braces usually mount to the bottom side and then another plate bolts through to the opposite side. Effectivly clamping the braces on there.

Depending on the kind of guard, and hardware, you might have to do a little grinding. The manufacturer said it was simply bolt on for mine and it was, but the brackets were about 1/8 inch too wide.

AJ

Reaction score
Thanks

Thank you gentlemen for the info as it was what I needed.
Again, a forum as this, is exactly what I need to tap into the expertice that you have.
AJ

Latest posts

Members online