too much time between alignments?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vranes17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is is possible to go too long between alignments that causes the springs to creak? They are making noises now, thinking it needs to be re-aligned. I know its usually like 1-2k mi between alignments but are these noises caused by an alignment that is off?

This is obviously a post lift alignment.

-Andrew

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Sounds like it could be the sway bar bushings that are creaking.
Ours do!
Silicone spray works wonders in quieting them.
And contrary to what other people say, silicone spray will not cause degradation
to rubber or polyurethane bushings, where as something like WD40 will.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it could be the sway bar bushings that are creaking.
Ours do!
Silicone spray works wonders in quieting them.
And contrary to what other people say, silicone spray will not cause degradation
to rubber or polyurethane bushings, where as something like WD40 will.

any thing that is petroleum based will react with rubber to soften it up
any thing that is silicone based will work just fine
These are facts not opinions

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Will say "Silicone Spray " on the can. Might be a thousand brands to choose from. Vatozone carrys some in a red can,works like a charm.

Mangate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just put my lift on and all was quite the first 3 or 4 days. Then it started creaking like mad one day. Now it's silent again, maybe it's temperature related, but I'm pretty sure it's the sway bar bushings.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Check the condition of the bushings where the clevis attaches to the LCA - I know mine are going bad, and they are creating a lot of unnecessary noise.

Vranes17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just put my lift on and all was quite the first 3 or 4 days. Then it started creaking like mad one day. Now it's silent again, maybe it's temperature related, but I'm pretty sure it's the sway bar bushings.

possibly, it was very warm today and heard no creaks.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I spray mine every oil change/ tire rotation with " silicone spray"
never have any squeaks from them
Everytime someone stops by with squeaks, I grab the silicone spary and say lets go for a ride, let them go two miles, get out spray them, get back in and by the time we get back its quiet again !!!
I should charge for that!!!!!:happy175:

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is is possible to go too long between alignments that causes the springs to creak? They are making noises now, thinking it needs to be re-aligned. I know its usually like 1-2k mi between alignments but are these noises caused by an alignment that is off?

This is obviously a post lift alignment.

-Andrew

Wait, I am confused. Are you saying that you align your Jeep every 2K miles or asking if 2K miles post lift is too long to wait.

If it is the first part and you align every couple thousand miles you are wasting money.

If you waited 2K miles after a lift to align then you wasted a couple bucks in tire rubber.