Tires and wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MacAndrew93

Reaction score
Would like to upgrade the tires and wheels on my 2005 jeep liberty. I use it to drive to work, but i also use it for hunting and stuff. Any advice on good multipurpose wheels and tires?

Thanks for the input

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Would like to upgrade the tires and wheels on my 2005 jeep liberty. I use it to drive to work, but i also use it for hunting and stuff. Any advice on good multipurpose wheels and tires?

Thanks for the input

Well regarding wheels, will have to stick to stock size wheels and tires.
7 inch wide wheels, 5 inches of backspacing
Maybe able to run 245-70-16s, if springs are not sagged too far
most of the time they are sagged a good 1/2 inch or more

MacAndrew93

Reaction score
it has 8 inch wide wheels off a wrangler right now. Don't have any rubbing issues, any ideas on tires?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
:icon_lol:
ok running too wide of a wheel for the size tires you can run, but back to tire size again depends on how much it has sagged and everything, largest maybe 245-70-16 but those are too narrow for those wheels

MacAndrew93

Reaction score
So do you think I should go back to the 16x7 wheels? And if I don't should I get like spacers or something to prevent rubbing in the future? I do plan on lifting it someday, wouldn't that help with rubbing?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So do you think I should go back to the 16x7 wheels? And if I don't should I get like spacers or something to prevent rubbing in the future? I do plan on lifting it someday, wouldn't that help with rubbing?

Sitting the wheel / tire combo out further will only make rubbing worse unlifted, until someday happens, best bet is stock wheels with possibly 245-70-16s if it hasn't sagged too much