tire size/height question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K Dje Ryu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I may be the only person who ever ran them but I swapped out my stock HPs for General Prospector SUVs (Limited 17" wheels so Limited tire options). That was before I had a lift. They were relatively cheap and actually preformed better than I thought they would. Only drove them in some light snow one time and a few muddy dirt roads but, they were alright. They did wear out fast but, only after my ball joints started to fail and I had a blown strut (budget lift. all fixed now) so the alignment was extremely bad. Anyway, just my 2 cents when someone is looking for a cheap stock size tire. The Prospector SUVs are a decent option.

dotcentral

Reaction score
A follow up on the Yokohamas.

Been about 4k miles. Less noise, better ride, better bad weather traction so far. Only negative is I should have got something a little narrower, this size is a hair too wide for the gas station car wash. May sound minor, but I like the underbody wash for removing dirt & salt.

I would buy 22570's if I had to do it again. But good tires for our driving style.

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love my Nokian Vatiivas, paid $480 for 4, 245/70s mounted and balanced with warranty and free rotation for life from Tire Factory. Nice and quiet on the road, great in inclement weather of any kind including winter conditions. Made in Finland, I guess they have nasty weather/ marginal road tires figured out, haven't seen a similar tire with more siping ever.