tire size for spare?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rhy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if a 245/75/16 tire will fit where the spare goes in the back of a libby?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if a 245/75/16 tire will fit where the spare goes in the back of a libby?
I had my 265/75 on the rear gate and it fit and the glass cleared it,it was on a 4.5" BS rim though.A 245/75 will fit and the rear glass will open.I run with a guy running 245/75 MT/R's on stock rims and everything clears and fits perfectly.

K Dje Ryu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard that you can turn the mount upside down and gain a little clearance, if it doesn't allow the glass to go by. But, you lose clearance over the hitch in doing so. Supposedly, you can just take the tire off, hitch the trailer, then put the tire back.

dnm45227

Reaction score
most likley not an issue for you, but i'm pretty sure the tire cover won't accomadate larger than 235/70/16. just wanted to bring it up in case.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tire cover will not accommodate the larger size but it will fit. I have my 265/70/16 with Cragar 397 rim mounted on the back. The glass has probably a finger width clearance from the tire.

I also have my original rims with 265/70/16 Pathfinder AT mounted on them. The spare fit fine as well, stock rim.

KJ02Ltd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As has been said, it'll fit fine. I never even noticed that it was close and wouldn't even think it'd be an issue until you got up near 265/75.

Even then, I'd think you just wouldn't be able to open the window by itself. I'd think it'd clear just about any size tire if you opened the gate, too, since the window only opens a split second before the gate and then the gate should swing open well far enough to clear the tire.

Latest posts

Members online