Tire Dressing...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of tire dressing does everyone use on their KJ?

On my Crossfire and Civic I use Black Magic Gel. On the TJ I use STP spray foam in a can. I haven't decided what I'm going to use on the KJ... (Aeh)

Black Magic Gel with built in applicator...

You must be registered for see images

On the Crossfire...

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
black magic is nice but too shiney. I use spray on foam, which makes it nice new tire looking black. I forgot which brand, but foams tend to work better and do not splash greasy residue to bumper or fender.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I actually forgot what I use. I guess I'll post later. I don't like a shiny wheel... just something that looks black and lasts a good while.

I *really* hope nobody here uses Armor All....

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:

I used to use them on tires but no more because they wash off quick, and still do for the leather and dash..
why not?

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:

I have heard it is not good, and I have never used it. But I don't know exactly WHY it is not good. What does it do??

Dave

ps - I normally use "Tire Shine" but not often, but always "westley's Bleech White" on the white lettering.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I've been using this. It takes longer and you have to carefully clean the tire beforehand or it will get kinda slimy. However, afterwords, it is very nice.

However, I may have to try that Black Magic now.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marlon........yea, that's it. My keyboard miss-spelled it. Darn keyboard!!

haha

Dave

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I may have seen these at walmart or 99 cent store and passed because of "bleach" on them.. thought they were crappy.. ](*,) never judge it by the cover, I guess.

Stampey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hidden valley is my favorite...

no but really i use something called wet and black. Works well, and im a cheap guy, and its a cheap product. what can i say.
Why all the Armor All haters?

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stampey said:
Hidden valley is my favorite...

no but really i use something called wet and black. Works well, and im a cheap guy, and its a cheap product. what can i say.
Why all the Armor All haters?

I don't know. I've been using Armor All for five years and it works great. Operator error maybe? O:)

2003KJ

Reaction score
Armor All on the tires, dash, plastic trim is a BIG NO NO!!! It WILL cause what ever you put it on to dry out and crack over time. I've seen it happen on other vehicles and stopped using it immediately.

For me, Westley's Bleach White on the tires and rims, with a brush to help scrub off the dirt on the tires and the white lettering. Black Magic Tire Foam on the tires worked in with a damn sponge that has some of the tire foam applied to it, once the stuff has sat on the tires for about 10 minutes. This cuts WAY back on the slinging that you get with foams/gells/shines.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used Armor All wipes for 3 years, no crack or anything, but the car wash/detail place used their own version of dressing, and it looks BAD. Shiny like mica. I was trying to get it out with water, NO LUCK.. ](*,)

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
2003KJ said:
Armor All on the tires, dash, plastic trim is a BIG NO NO!!! It WILL cause what ever you put it on to dry out and crack over time. I've seen it happen on other vehicles and stopped using it immediately.
My father put Armor All on my tires one day he decided to "do me a favor" and wash the Jeep. I was PISSED and went off on him... he hasn't touched it since.

I've seen what Armor All can do to tires / interior. you guys want pics?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
2003KJ said:
My father put Armor All on my tires one day he decided to "do me a favor" and wash the Jeep. I was PISSED and went off on him... he hasn't touched it since.

I've seen what Armor All can do to tires / interior. you guys want pics?

Yes, i would like to see pics.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive never used this on the tires, but this is the stuff that especko was talking about.

You must be registered for see images attach

I have around 3 of those applicators that I use with other tires shines. I use Meguiars Hot Tire shine on some tires and Meguiars Endurance on mine.

Ohh, and yea, bleahe white is great. Ive never found anything that would replace it. \:D/

Members online

No members online now.