ticking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SMETNA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I waited an extra 1000 miles on my last Oil change . . . 4000 instead of 3000, and damn, did it make all the difference for the worst. That stuff came out black and super thick. Never wait that long. I guess the 3.7 give the oil a good work out in a short time.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
ok, so sludge buildup isn't LIKELY to be preventing the chain tensioner from "pumping up". It could be a worn tensioner/chain. Keep an ear out in case it gets worse, but for now, it's not LIKELY to be an issue.

flyingpuma

Reaction score
I had that exact same noise a few weeks ago, it's similar to the noise you get when you tape a card to your bike frame next to the spokes. For me it turned out be the CV joint directly in front of the transfer case. The boot that holds all the grease in had torn off and all the grease had leaked out. The noise I was hearing was the clicking of the bearings inside the joint. I found a new CV joint online for $70 that fixed the noise. Since you say it is coming from the front right I would check out the CV joint, and make sure the boot is in good condition. Just a thought.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Well son of a....

Misread again. Thought this said a couple times through the thread that it ticked UNTIL he started driving.
d'oh.

zachs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sitting at the dealership waiting for them to tell me what's wrong... and they are finally replacing the cable so I can shift into 4W drive again...

zachs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOOT... its fixed... it was the fact that the cable was not installed. Dealership fixed the cable and ticking stopped.

now my jeep is sooo very happy.

Latest posts

Members online