Thumbnail Code....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone give me the code to make a pic a thumbnail so when you click on it, you get the full size image?

Thanks....

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you don't have both the thumbnail and fullsize images, you cannot have any code create it for you on the forums.

Unless
1) You use "attach" feature at the bottom of your reply window after you click "Go Advanced"

or

2) You upload it to imageshack.us and use one of their "forum" codes to display the clickable thumbnail.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply....

1) I don't follow what you're saying.... I know how to add an imgage using the
You must be registered for see images
tags. Could you explain what you mean by using the "go advanced" feature?

2) Yeah, I'm familiar with the thumbnail code on imageshack, but I do not want the image to come up on their page.

Example....

Last edited:

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
1) I don't follow what you're saying.... I know how to add an imgage using the
tags. Could you explain what you mean by using the "go advanced" feature?

No, not using IMG tags. You can attach a picture to your posts. Everyone has certain amount of free photo storage on this forum. You can use that storage to keep your pictures, then attach to your posts. Those pictures will be hosted on this site, and won't show up elsewhere. You see at the bottom of the Reply Box "Go Advanced", or if you are already replying with the full reply page, scroll down, you will see a section "Attach Files" , "Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip" By clicking to that you can operate like imageshack and upload & attach picture to the post. (Explained at the bottom of this topic: http://jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?p=303330#post303330 )

2) Yeah, I'm familiar with the thumbnail code on imageshack, but I do not want the image to come up on their page.

Example....

I didn't get this part. You don't want to host the picture on their site, or you don't want it to go to their site when you click on it, instead you want ONLY picture to show up. It is easy. After you upload the picture to Image Shack, take a look at the image URL. The thumbnail will have ****.th.*** on it's name. If you remove ***.th.*** it is the full picture. So you tweak above code (that you posted) a bit and turn into this:

Clicking on it will open a new window with the picture only, not the silly imageshack web page with rating and advertisement.

Last edited:

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
N/P.
But your above link points to thumbnail, just remove the .tn from the destination and it will be fine. ;)