Throttle problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crusader

Reaction score
Good morning to everybody :)

I hope that this thread is not covered already somewhere else, but I am new to this forum and haven´t found a similar thread so far.

Yesterday I drove my Jeep (2006 Liberty CRD) to the local garage to get some mods done.

After a while the guy came to ask me if I had recognized problems with the throttle?
I said no and than he told me that the mechanic just drove the jeep into a wall in the garage:( because the throttle was wide open and it was not possible to vehicle in neutral.
The second problem or maybe the problem he said was that the ECU was so hot that the mechanic wasn´t even able to touch it.
Has the Toyota problem now comes to Jeep?

Thanks for your help
Best regards
Thomas

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
We havn't had anyone on this forum report a stuck throttle that I recall. Keep us posted on what happens. Sorry about your mis-hap. I wonder if the mechanic screwed up and is trying to blamb it on the jeep??

Welcome to the forum.

Dave

ps....06 is drive by wire though

Last edited:

Crusader

Reaction score
Hello Dave,

thank you for your reply.

To be honest, it was my first guess too, but....

Before I went to the garage I drove for at least an hour around without having any problems!!

I will keep you informed how the game is going on.

Jeep Wave

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We havn't had anyone on this forum report a stuck throttle that I recall. Keep us posted on what happens. Sorry about your mis-hap. I wonder if the mechanic screwed up and is trying to blamb it on the jeep??

Welcome to the forum.

Dave

ps....06 is drive by wire though

Unless the CRD is different I think 06 is the last year for a throttle cable.
I know in 07 they switched over, but my 06 has the cable, and I'm glad I do :)

Crusader

Reaction score
Thank you guys for your replies.

Any ideas why it was reportedly not possible to get the vehicle in neutral and why the EPU was so hot?

Jeep Wave
Thomas

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you guys for your replies.

Any ideas why it was reportedly not possible to get the vehicle in neutral and why the EPU was so hot?

Jeep Wave
Thomas
1st Chrysler has a integrated brake over ride,meaning when you stomp on the brake pedal the throttle closes or power is cut to it.It was operator error that they are trying to blame on the throttle by wire.Also unlike toyota you can shift into "N" anything in a Jeep as it still has a mechanical trans shift cable.

What mods were done? If it was with the PCM then that mod could be the culprit and was possibly frying the PCM.

Crusader

Reaction score
Thanks tjkj,
the only "mods" which could maybe have an impact on the Control Unit was that the garage serviced the Jeep and coded a new key.
Yesterday I only asked them to add some wheel spacer onto the Jeep, because it was here raining cats and dogs and without having a dry place to do the mod by myself....

Latest posts

Members online