Three ABS Lights On

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wkeithk

Reaction score
Sorry for beating a dead horse here. I have '06 KJ. Changed rear pads and rotors. Fronts seem ok. After about 2k miles the the infamous abs related lights came on and stay on. I get the "ding" and try to read the code but my reader will not show a code.

Are my options only a jeep dealer to get the code read?

Thanks for any assistance?

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check your ABS sensor wires coming from the hubs. They can break loose from their plastic clips and rub on the rotors or other parts up front. Also, since you were working on the rear brakes check the wires back there as well. A few people have had issues with the connector near the top of the rear diff.

Spending 30 minutes looking at wires might save you a trip to the dealer. Any of the ABS sensors are pretty easy to replace. If you search on here there are a lot of threads dealing with this same issue with a lot of information.

Wkeithk

Reaction score
Got the code, was right rear sensor. Replaced it, but nothing changed. Going to dig a little deeper. Thank-You!

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's probably the wiring. It may look fine, but it probably broke internally. At different times (one at 40-50k miles (passenger rear), one at 90k miles(driver rear)) my rear harness wiring went bad.

Wkeithk

Reaction score
That was it. Found that it was broken wire (previously repaired) about 10 inches from speed sensor on right rear. Put in new section of wire, heat shrinked, double wrapped with electrical tape. Problem solved!

ionizer

Reaction score
ya. abs sensor. did one once. didnt think it was a big deal until the traction control didnt engage. rear end gets very sloppy with no traction control. did like 3 loop d loops, ended up in a frozen field. no damage. be careful when those lights come on.

Latest posts

Members online