those that have MOABS...help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SDLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just spoke with a local rim dealer about getting a set of the jeep moabs 16x8s.They told me that the 16's with 5x4.5, the BS is wrong and will not work but they do have 17's on 5x4.5 bolt pat. that will???? Am i confused and you guys are running 17's??? What is the BS on the 16. These rims come stock on the 06 and earlier Rubicon models correct? Thanks in advance.

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Rubicon Moab 16x8 rims with the typical Jeep 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern will work on ANY 2002-2007 Jeep Liberty KJ.

The only reason I don't include 2008+ KK's in that is because I don't know for sure. I own a 2002 KJ and I have a set of 16x8 Moabs on right now. These rims work with drum brakes or discs, etc. They work. It's been done a bazillion times.

I think the tire shop guys are trying to sell you something...

ATXKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 16's used on the 03-06 will bolt on no problem
(I think the BS is 5? vs a 4.5 on a 7" stock) 4.5" bolt circle

the 17's used on the 07->up will not fit without an adaptor. 5" bolt circle

The one thing you really need to consider is that most tires people want to run (235,245) fit a 7" rim better than an 8" rim - 8" should be for 255,265
(Yes Jeep put 245's - but check Tirerack or the Manufacturer's recommended rims for the tires you want)

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just spoke with a local rim dealer about getting a set of the jeep moabs 16x8s.They told me that the 16's with 5x4.5, the BS is wrong and will not work but they do have 17's on 5x4.5 bolt pat. that will???? Am i confused and you guys are running 17's??? What is the BS on the 16. These rims come stock on the 06 and earlier Rubicon models correct? Thanks in advance.

I am confused here
you went to a "rim shop" to get rims that can be found on the net
a "rim shop" that will happily hose you for all you are worth when there are
Rubi owners who are looking to get rid of their wheels on the cheep

check out a web site called
eBay ,on here people sell the stuff they dont want
or Craigs List

SDLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. kinda figured something didn't sound right, but need to get my side of the facts right befor i go any further.

SDLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So new question same thread..... I found a set(4) brand new MOABS on local craigslist for $350.SHOCKED.gif I've searched around and looked at what some of you guys are running on them. 245/75, 265's etc. I'm running BFG A/T 245/70r/16's. Will those fit a 8 inch wide rim? I've only got 2,500 miles on them so new tires isn't an option.:( Thanks for the help.

Never mind guys!!!!!! I actually found one of my own threads on this question.(banghead) I thought i'd read it some where??? :-#

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online