Thermostat Specifications Jeep Liberty KJ 3.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make sure you put the air bleed hole in the same location as the old one (top I think). My new one was a Mopar but didn't have the key in the gasket to align it in the housing like the factory one did. I managed to figure it out from the old one i took out and no problems.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
^ Good advice to place the hole at same location as the original one about to be removed.
The air bleed hole is normally placed at the 12 O'clock position or up as mentioned.

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the part no. 68174083AA applicable to the 2003 Liberty 3.7L? On MoparPartsOverstock under that part the application list shows 02, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11 & 12, I tried searching but could not come up with any other part number.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an update.
I noticed that the gasket that came with my MOPAR t-stat replacement did not have a protrusion to fix the notch in the t-stat housing. Was not a big deal.

Just be careful, as the T-stat might shift during installation, thus moving the bleed hole to a different position.

Felpro replacement from NAPA or FLAPs have that protrusion to fit the notch.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just an update.
I noticed that the gasket that came with my MOPAR t-stat replacement did not have a protrusion to fix the notch in the t-stat housing. Was not a big deal.

Just be careful, as the T-stat might shift during installation, thus moving the bleed hole to a different position.

Felpro replacement from NAPA or FLAPs have that protrusion to fit the notch.

Last spring when I changed mine with the Mopar replacement I had the same issue. No bump out for the alignment notch.

Just found this:
http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f196/thermostat-replacment-57175/

Last edited:

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tailgating this Thread, Is there any lower temp opening Thermostat that fits the 2005 3.7L V6 renegade? It gets real hot where I live and it makes sense to get the coolant flowing sooner rather than later especially on the beach?

I know that there are a number of 180 Thermostats but there is mixed messages on them fitting or not:

Omix-Ada 17106.02
Mishimoto MMTS-JGC-99L

Thanks

Don't do it...not necessary and not recommended...that's 'old-school' trickery not applicable to today's computer-managed engines....:thumbsdown: