The NEW New Englander

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CTRenegade

Reaction score
Howdy everyone!

In the past I've owned a handful of wranglers and cherokees, some modded / some stock. About a year ago we bought my wife a used '05 Renegade right before we had our daughter, to be used as the family car. She wasn't used to driving a rugged SUV and the Jeep had some minor issues that scared her when we first got it (water pump grenaded on highway) so slowly but surely the Jeep became mine. Now it's my daily driver and I have the 4x4 itch again to turn this grocery-getter into a more capable off-road vehicle (lift, tires, lights, the worx). Based on what I have seen so far, this looks like a great website to get ideas, share stories and talk tech. I look forward to doing all of those with you guys.

I am also an avid mountain biker and aircooled VW junkie. I'm currently building a 1994 mexican bug that was conveniently smuggled into the states as a 1977 standard beetle. Between my family, work, house and my projects... my plate is pretty full. But I'll always make time for GTG's with local enthusiasts so if you are in the area, shoot me a line and we'll set something up. Until then...

Keep the rubber side down!
-Thane

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I could my friend... I wish I could. It's silver. I was SO close to getting a black CRD but it had 2X the mileage on the odometer.

You made the right choice :D Can't beat a Silver Renegade! Plus the CRD's seem like a pain in the azz to maintain and work properly.

Welcome!

Robsama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome fellow Nutmegger. I too drive an '05 Renegade (Although mine is the almighty Khaki color).

Pawcatuck, that's barely still in CT!