The new guy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

007ray

Reaction score
Hope everyone doing good and all family's are healthy,bought 2005 jeep liberty in an auction about a year ago .looking forward to being a part of your family thank for all the great info I've read so far.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome! We are glad to help with whatever your 05 needs. What’s on your to do list?

007ray

Reaction score
well since you ask ,the 05 is not unfamiliar to me as I drove it in my past job for 3years,with no resolve the mechanics could never figure out why my air bag lite stayed on ,but that was one of the reasons it went to auction.Now that it mine I'm hopeing to figure that out.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome
If you have any questions, issues, whatever we can help
Well as far a Libertys go, ....................LOL
Post up a picture, mileage etc

007ray

Reaction score
well since you ask ,the 05 is not unfamiliar to me as I drove it in my past job for 3years,with no resolve the mechanics could never figure out why my air bag lite stayed on ,but that was one of the reasons it went to auction.Now that it mine I'm hopeing to figure that out

007ray

Reaction score
well since you ask ,the 05 is not unfamiliar to me as I drove it in my past job for 3years,with no resolve the mechanics could never figure out why my air bag lite stayed on ,but that was one of the reasons it went to auction.Now that it mine I'm hopeing to figure that

007ray

Reaction score
138000 miles all stock other than that upgraded sound ,next maybe a lift and new tires not sure but something more aggressive,I have done waterpump, struts and rear shocks as well as rear control arms lower and upper,removed carpet installed new ABS,carpet linner instead of carpet

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Shocks front and rear
Plus just installing them with worn out springs causes the shocks to over work and wear out faster
With these since they came with really weak springs ( fronts 310 lb when should of been 345 or so ) and shocks by the time you have 60-65000 miles they have already started to sag and springs becoming stacked
On level ground, left front measure from middle of the wheel to bottom of the flare

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
well since you ask ,the 05 is not unfamiliar to me as I drove it in my past job for 3years,with no resolve the mechanics could never figure out why my air bag lite stayed on ,but that was one of the reasons it went to auction.Now that it mine I'm hopeing to figure that out
Welcome as well to the forum.
Probably best to have it scanned by a good shop scanner (snap on ultra modis) and identify what stored codes are involved.
Here is the 2005 Factory service manual, Air bag operation/descriptions.. http://www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ/2005JeepKJServiceManual.pdf
Hopefully the codes can point towards a known issue..